Nuts 'n' Bolts Formatting is FREE! It is a PDF file/eBook that current users of Keyboarding Online can download and complete. Nuts 'n' Bolts Formatting is listed at the bottom of your licensed products list after you log into your school's page. The copyright allows for free usage and reproduction by Ellsworth Publishing Co. users so long as the reproduction is not done for profit (please refer to the copyright page for details). There are currently 3 versions of the text: Office 2007, Office 2010, and Office 2013.
What does Nuts 'n' Bolts Formatting cover?
- Basic Word Concepts—(includes information students need for several lessons, such as how to open an Microsoft Word document, how to save, how to exit MS Word, how to open a saved document, how to enter your name and assignment number in the header, etc.)
- Fax Applications—(using three fax wizards, saving a fax template, deleting a template)
- Interoffice Memos (including Memo Wizards)
- Business Letters—(Block, Semi-Block, Simplified, Personal Business Letter, Open and Mixed Punctuation, Subject line, bullets, reference initials, enclosures, cc, 2-Page Letter headings, creating letterhead stationery, plus special software program developed by Ellsworth Publishing to help students learn the 2-digit state/possession codes from the Official United States Postal Services State/Province Abbreviations list)
- Proofreader’s Marks—(Common proofreading marks useful to any edit project.)
- Tables—(Using AutoFit, AutoFormat, Centering vertically and horizontally, removing gridlines, etc.)
- Bound and Unbound Business Reports—(Creating the Title pages, internal citations, Reference page, indenting a quote, footnote, sorting, page numbering)
- Simple Mail Merge—(Using templates, save and delete preferred templates, merge and print)
- Creating Fliers With Clip Art—(Creating full-page fliers, inserting and resizing clip art, and selecting different font colors)
- Managing Folders and Files—(Creating folders, Selecting and copying multiple files, renaming, Print Screen to MS Word, Deleting folders and files)
- Basics of Using E-Mail—(Opening and E-mail account, Reading E-mail, Deleting unwanted E-mails, Empty the Trash Folder, Send E-mails, Add Addresses to Address Book, Using the Yahoo! Calendar)
At the end of each lesson are Multiple-Choice questions for tests or quizzes.
How do you get it for FREE (PDF format)? You or your students can download it from our web site as part of your normal login process.